Lakeland Security has a business address at Rathgowan, Ashe Road, Mullingar, Co Westmeath.
This Privacy Statement describes how Lakeland Security handles personal data collected in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement in general or any part of it, you should not access the website.
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time so please ensure that you check the Statement for the latest update. This Privacy Statement does not override any applicable national data privacy law and regulations in Ireland.
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement or otherwise, you can reach us using the contact information provided below.
This Privacy Statement is correct as at May 25, 2018.
Technical Information collected automatically
When you visit the Site, our systems automatically collect the following information about your visit:
• the type of internet browser you use;
• the language of your browser;
• the website from which you have come to the Site;
• the webpages you view on our site;
• the links you clicked on our site; and
• your IP address (the unique address, which identifies your computer on the internet).
We may use automatically collected information to assist us in:
• providing, improving, and administering the Site;
• providing customer care and support services;
• providing security and safety to our Site visitors;
• monitoring activity usage of the Site; and
• measuring the effectiveness of the content we serve;
We do not use automatically collected information to learn any information about you personally.
We may collect your information using cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, embedded web links, and similar technologies.
Collecting Personal Data
Personal Data is any information identifying a natural person or information relating to you as a natural person from which we can identify you either directly or indirectly from that data. We may collect such information in a variety of ways including:
• Through web pages on the Site;
• Through responses to an online email or electronic promotion or survey; or
• Over the telephone.
• General enquiries
• Applications for employment.
Such personal data includes:
• Your name, job level, email address, postal address or telephone number;
• Your title, company name and address;
• Details of the resources you access on the Site and any data you download;
• Your CV, cover letter, employment history. We ask you not to disclose sensitive personal information in your application.
Using Personal Data
We may process your data on the following legal bases:
- As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our products and organisation e.g. in providing you with quotes and proposals about our services prior to contract.
- Where processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, to which we are subject.
- Where the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, which you have entered into with us or to take steps at your requests prior to entering a contract.
We will use your personal data in the following ways:
- To assist in responding to your inquiries, including answering your questions on pricing, product and service information relating to Lakeland Security’s services;
- To learn more about your requirements in support of development of our service;
- To request your opinion and feedback on areas of the Site or in connection with our services;
- At your request to provide you with a quote for our services;
- To set you up as a client;
- For prospective employees to create a candidate profile for you.
If you consent, or where we are able to under applicable law, we will send you information we think you will find useful about our services or, at your request, subscribe you to our newsletter and alerts concerning the services we provide.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties.
We may share your personal data with our selected business associates, and suppliers and contractors to provide you with our services. This is to ensure that we run our business effectively and to provide you with services as agreed under the terms of our contract with you.
We will disclose your personal data if required to do so to comply with any applicable law or regulation or in response to a legal demand, subpoena, warrant or other similar request. We will also disclose your personal data to any regulatory or law enforcement agency if we believe that such action is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Lakeland Security, its customers, the public or any third party.
Transfer of your Personal Data
The information that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at/processed in Ireland. Your personal data is also processed by staff. Such staff are engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services, maintain and operating the Site, and providing Security services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Storage of your Personal Data
The time periods for which we retain your information depends on the type of information and the purposes for which we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or other reporting requirement. We will keep your information for no longer than is required or permitted. We will retain your Personal Data or the period we are required to retain this information by applicable Irish tax law (currently 6 years) and Irish anti money laundering law (currently 5 years after termination of the business relationship).
In the case of Personnel records including employee applications and resumes, we will keep this data where the candidate is successful for the duration of the employment plus 7 years from the date of termination of employment. Where the candidate is unsuccessful, we will keep his data for one year.
We have security measures in place to help protect against the loss or misuse of personal data under our control. Our security practices are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal data.
Right of access In certain circumstances, you have the right to access personal data that we hold about you. You can exercise your right of access by contacting us at email@example.com
Right to withdraw consent to processing where applicable you have the right to withdraw consent to processing at any time. You can exercise your right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to receive certain information about our processing activities You can exercise your right by contacting us at email@example.com
Right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data. You can exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to erase personal data You can ask us to erase personal data if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed or to rectify inaccurate data or to complete incomplete data.
Marketing. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by opting out of any of our emails.
Complaints. In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to launch a claim with a supervisory authority.
We may ask you to verify your identity were you exercise ay of the rights listed above.
Please submit any questions, concerns or comments you have about this Privacy Statement or any requests concerning your personal data to our Data Protection Officer by email to email@example.com or by post to the address set out below: